Trademark Registration Australia, Trademark application
Trademark registration Australia with Cotters Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys. We help you register a trademark & more. Call today for a free consultation.
Trademark registration Sydney Australia
A trademark can be the most valuable asset of a business or brand. Trademarks legally distinguish goods or services of businesses from others. Trademarks protect brands, providing exclusive legal rights to use words, symbols, logos or designs in Australia and worldwide. While business names and company names are registered with ASIC, they do not prevent others from using the same name. In the long run, it can be difficult and expensive to legally enforce your brand without a trademark. Cotters team has over 30 years’ experience in trademark enforcement and trademark registration Australia-wide and internationally, call today for a free initial consultation.
How to register a trademark?
Before applying for a trademark, we need to make sure:
– A detailed search is completed for confusingly similar or existing trademarks, which may prevent the trademark application’s success and long-term enforceability.
– Correct classes of goods/services for the trademark registration is chosen. There are 45 different classes of goods and services–choosing the correct classes is important, as these cannot be expanded once filing your application.
– The trademark application meets overall compliance and substantive requirements.
– We develop an adequate plan for using the trademark. Incorrectly using the trademark can open it up to cancellation or opposition from competitors on grounds of non-use.
At Cotters, our trademark attorneys in Sydney have over 30-years’ experience legally enforcing and registering trademarks Australia-wide and internationally. The team at Cotters can assist every step of the way—saving time with your application and ensuring your trademark is legally enforceable over the long term.
Trademark registration requirements
While successfully registering a trademark is an exhaustive process, all trademark applications have these minimum requirements:
– The trademark owner’s name and contact details.
– A representation of the trademark (it can be a word, letter, symbol, image or logo).
– A description of goods or services where the trademark will apply.
– List of relevant classes associated with the trademark.
– Translation to another language (if any).
– Registration fee.
Trademark registration cost
Whether you’re intending on filing a trademark application Australia or worldwide, fees vary. The costs of trademark registration depend on the trademark’s complexity, the number of classes applied for and each classes’ filing costs. Many of the government filing fees are non-refundable, so it’s important to ensure your application is successful. Cotters are highly experienced in ensuring your trademark registration is successful while avoiding unnecessary costs.
Get started registering your trademark today
If you want to ensure your trademark registration is successful and legally enforceable, Cotters professional trademark attorneys can help. Call now for a free initial consultation.