Trade Marks Attorney – Nicky Shanks
Nicky is a trade mark specialist with extensive experience in all aspects of trade mark law and practice. Nicky has worked for clients operating across a diverse range of industries and has particular experience in the media and entertainment, food and beverages, fashion and luxury goods, consumer electronics, finance and retail industries.
Prior to joining Cotters, Nicky was a senior associate at a top tier Australian law firm, before which she worked at another leading Australian patent and trade mark attorney firm.
Nicky has also gained in-house experience through secondments with Sydney-based global corporations. She has managed extensive trade mark portfolios for large multi-national corporations and provides commercially-focussed advice on trade mark selection, availability, protection and enforcement.
Trade Marks Attorney Experience
Nicky has particular trade marks attorney experience in the following fields:
- Trade mark searching and clearance
- Australian and International trade mark registration
- Trade mark portfolio management
- Trade mark oppositions and non-use actions
- Trade mark dispute resolution
- Due diligence searches
- Trade Mark watches
- Domain name registration
Qualifications and Professional Affiliations
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – College of Law, Sydney
- Graduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice – University of Technology, Sydney
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
Return to Cotters Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys main page.