Patent Attorney – Paul Mahony
Paul is a registered patent attorney in Australia and New Zealand and a registered trademark attorney in Australia. He practises primarily in the fields of electrical and information technology patents and registered designs, specialising in the fields of telecommunications, electrical engineering, information technology, and business methods.
Drawing on his industrial experience as a telecommunications engineer and over twelve years’ experience in the patent profession, Paul advises clients on commercial strategies, portfolio management, and advice for obtaining, protecting, and enforcing intellectual property rights.
Patent Attorney Experience
Paul has gained particular experience obtaining patent and design protection for inventions in the following fields:
- Information technology
- Gaming machines
- Business systems and methods
- Computer science
- Software engineering
- Video imaging
- Signal processing
- Medical devices
Qualifications and Professional Affiliations
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Industrial Property
- Registered Australian Patent Attorney
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Fellow of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
Return to Cotters Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys main page.