PATENT ATTORNEY - CHRIS ATICHIAN
Chris is a registered Australian patent attorney specialising in the drafting, prosecution and enforcement of patents and registered designs across a wide range of mechanical technologies. Chris has particular experience in handling complex contentious matters relating to patent infringement, and has acted on both sides of many complicated infringement matters.
Prior to joining Cotters, Chris gained experience in large patent attorney firms in both Paris and Sydney. Chris draws on his dual engineering and commerce qualifications in working with engineering companies to develop strategies to optimise and best protect their patent, design and trademark portfolios and maximise the commercial benefits that can be extracted from their IP rights.
Chris is currently serving as a council member for FICPI Australia. In addition, Chris is the Australian representative for the FICPI Registered Designs Committee and has also been appointed to the APAA Emerging Rights Committee. Chris recently completed a three year term on the APAA Anti-Counterfeiting Committee.
Patent Attorney Experience
Chris has gained particular patent attorney experience in the following fields:
- Medical devices
- Power generation
- Mining services
- Sporting equipment
- Fluid dynamics
- Automotive technologies
- Printing technologies
- Design registrations
- Air conditioning
- Hydraulic and pneumatic circuits
Qualifications and Professional Affiliations
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours)
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Industrial Property
- Registered Australian Patent Attorney
- Registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Fellow of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member of the Federation International des Conseils en Propriete Industrielle (FICPI)
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Member of the Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA)
- Member of the International Trademarks Association (INTA)
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
Return to Cotters Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys main page.